Nation and WorldTHURSDAY NEWS IN A RUSH: 10 things in 60 seconds and A-TownTV NewsMinute
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today
Nation and WorldNKorea minister calls Trump’s threat ‘sound of dog barking’
The North's Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho told reporters in New York late Wednesday that "It would be a dog's dream if he intended to scare us with the sound of a dog barking."
Nation and WorldRepublicans see political necessity in health care effort
"That base is so insistent. You made this promise, stick to it, and you'll be penalized if you don't," said Bill Hoagland, a former top Senate GOP aide and health policy expert.
Nation and WorldMexicans displaced by deadly quake seek refuge from fear
"I am sure nothing is going to fall here," 7-year-old Oscar Montero says.
Nation and WorldEducation Secretary DeVos uses private plane for work travel
Education Department Press Secretary Liz Hill says in a statement to The Associated Press that DeVos travels "on personally-owned aircraft." The arrangement comes at "zero cost to U.S. taxpayers," as the secretary does not seek or accept any reimbursement for the flights.
Nation and WorldEmails point to Manafort offer to brief Russian in Trump campaign
Manafort's offer was memorialized in an email exchange with a former employee of his political consulting firm in July 2016. It was first reported by The Washington Post, which said portions of Manafort's emails were read to reporters
Nation and WorldTrapped girl a symbol for Mexico’s quake rescue efforts — VIDEO CLIPS
MEXICO CITY | A delicate effort to reach a young girl buried in the rubble of her school stretched into a new day on Thursday, a vigil broadcast across the nation as rescue workers struggled in rain and darkness to…
Nation and WorldA stunned Puerto Rico seeks to rebuild after Hurricane Maria
"I think people didn't expect the storm to reach the point that it did," he said. "Since Irma never really happened, they thought Maria would be the same."
Nation and WorldSatellite images show sprawling Rohingya refugee camps
"Tents have sprung up all over the area. It's a dramatic expansion," said Stephen Wood, a senior imagery analyst at Westminster, Colorado-based DigitalGlobe, which used high-resolution cameras in space to take photos of the camps for the AP
Nation and WorldTrump to look at even stricter cap on refugees
"Thousands of refugees are being admitted with no way to screen them and are instantly made eligible for welfare and free health care, even as our own veterans, our great, great veterans, die while they're waiting online for medical care that they desperately need," Trump said last October.
- Mexicans displaced by deadly quake seek refuge from fear
- Ex-prosecutors unsure if nursing home deaths involved crimes
- NKorea minister calls Trump’s threat ‘sound of dog barking’
- Trump to look at even stricter cap on refugees
- Nevada quake lab tests new bridge design after Mexico quake
- Prospects for air traffic control privatization appear slim
- Trapped girl a symbol for Mexico’s quake rescue efforts — VIDEO CLIPS
- A stunned Puerto Rico seeks to rebuild after Hurricane Maria
- Satellite images show sprawling Rohingya refugee camps
- THURSDAY NEWS IN A RUSH: 10 things in 60 seconds and A-TownTV NewsMinute
- Republicans see political necessity in health care effort
- Emails point to Manafort offer to brief Russian in Trump campaign
- No collusion with Russians, Trump Jr. insists to Congress
- Aurora Congressman Mike Coffman pushes for legislative support on BRIDGE Act
- Trump’s first pardon spares political ally Arpaio
- Republican agenda threatened by Trump-McConnell feud — VIDEO CLIPS
- GOP doubts and anxieties about Trump burst into the open